Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Lost Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rp

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Ramira The Zorua
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 5:34 pm by RamiraZorua

» Doe Manayn
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:09 pm by Ryth Lunar Knight

» A little hanging out will do fine~
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:26 pm by Ryth Lunar Knight

» Fun day in town
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 pm by Ryth Lunar Knight

» Teamless, Homeless, and Lonely as always
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:57 pm by cloudchaser

» Heyo!
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 pm by cloudchaser

» I really wanna build a snowman...
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:21 pm by Scourge

» Ryth's Dark Souls
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 pm by Ryth Lunar Knight

» YAAAAAAY :D
New EXP System! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 pm by Sugar Cuddles

Top posters
Sugar Cuddles
New EXP System! Vote_lcapNew EXP System! Voting_barNew EXP System! Vote_rcap 
Ryth Lunar Knight
Kirbs
Uriah
Rebellious Angel
cloudchaser
SweetDreams
Ittybittyskitty
TucKiD
Scourge
Top posting users this week
No user

New EXP System!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm

EXP SYSTEM 2! (V5)

Yeah, I was picked to make the new system xD

Anyway, the system we had was very broken, and didn't function at all. So now it's time for something that actually does magical stuff!.

Okay, here is how we do it. This will work up to lvl 100 so it should be fine :D

Let's say you are a lvl 3 Pidgey. You would need 180 Exp to lvl up. Luckily for you, since you are lvl 3, pokemon at and below your lvl nets you a fine 150 exp. Pokemon above your lvls grants you 250 exp. And pokemon with a whole ten lvls higher than you, grants you 1000! exp!, (increased by 1500 for every ten lvls afterwards). Your Pidgey finally reaches lvl 11, and is looking strong and fancy. But now when it faints pokemon that is lvl 1, it only gains 120 exp for some reason. That's because they aren't even a challenge anymore, and you wouldn't learn much from fighting them.For every ten lvls they are lower than you, the exp is lowered by 30.

If you get assistance from someone during a fight, you gain half the experience from the thing!. If you are 20 lvls lower than the pokemon you are fighting alongside or your opponent, then you don't gain any experience, because these two fighting are just out of your league, and it's too hard to get an idea of how they can perform such advanced fighting techniques.

Since some types are beaten easily with their opposites, the exp they gain from the battle only half of what they would get normally.

Both you and your allies in the fight has to be active, or you won't get any exp. So no hiding behind a rock until the two super strong pokemon duke it out.

Since the way the battle goes is ultimately up to the RPer, it's important that you follow common sense in a battle. If the pokemon is at your lvl, but is weak to your type, then it's an easy win. But if you are even, or the same type, then it's a close fight that you still might lose if the opponent scores a lucky hit.

Powers and attacks can be used in a bit more of a flashy manner. Teleport can be used to dodge some attacks, and strength can be used to lift a rock and bash someone with it.

It's important to know that losing a battle deep within a dungeon isn't a death sentence. It just means you are beaten to the ground, and have to carry your broken self back, or go rest somewhere out of the battle until you can continue your adventure. Your friends would most likely help treat your bruises.

In addition to this, you still get exp!, just not as much as you would had you won. But don't worry, you still get half of the exp that you would have gotten if you had won!. If you  lose  to an enemy that's ten or more levels higher than you, then you gain 500 exp that doesn't stack with the rest! (Like it would if you had won). Why?, because even a hopeless battle is a battle that your OC learn from. Also, your OC would be so beaten up at the end of that battle that they'd probably not be able to fight anymore, and it's a good way to end an RP with climax for extra dramatic bonus points ;)

(Note that everyone supporting in the battle MUST also faint in order for exp to be gained. If it's not an OC knocking out the foe, then no exp will be received.)

The base exp cap is 150, and is increased by 10 for every lvl.

If your fighting someone that's Super Effective against your type, you gain a bonus 100 exp that doesn't stack with the limit!. (thought of to ensure that people still seek out other locations than the ones they are effective against)

The max exp that can be earned per RP is 1000 UNLESS you fight a pokemon ten levels higher than you (or more), but for the common foes, it will be 1000 exp max. Just to keep the RP from being a grind fest. Thanks Hyper for pointing this out  ^u^

___________________________________________________________________________________

Here is an example of a typical battle.

Lvl 20 Pikachu vs lvl 10 Meowth

Pikachu enters the battle, cracking his paws smugly.

Meowth shivers, and prepares to fight back.

Pikachu uses thunderbolt and K.O's said Meowth.

Meowth is fainted.

Pikachu gains 120 exp

____Exp Sheet____________________________________________________________________

Code:
[b]OC:[/b]
[b]Current lvl:[/b]
[b]Exp needed until next lvl up:[/b]
[b]Current Exp:[/b] (Reset this to zero with every lvl up)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
I will pretty this up  soon!. As of now, all of you exp will sadly reset to ZERO (levels will NOT have changed). But don't worry, you will finally be able to legitiately level up! ^o^ (will work more on this later tonight.)

Last edited by Sugar Heart on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : I swear I didn't make the effective rule until AFTER I made my silly little post in Molten Mountain xD)
Back to top Go down
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 pm

HyperHunter wrote:
"And pokemon with a whole ten lvls higher than you, grants you 1000! exp!"

"The max exp that can be earned per RP is 500"

That is kinda confusing.

Oh my your right o.o

I will make that an exception then.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Added ze fix ish thingy xD
Back to top Go down
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Updated!. Added EXP gain when you faint. I know pokemon doesn't roll that way, but it's a way for RP'ers to feel like they gain something from it, even if their OC loses a fight. It would stink if you had an OC that just barely didn't make the cut, and lost an opportunity to gain exp because of it. A lot of peeps like to have the goal of making their OC reach either a certain evolution, or power. Basically, the idea is that it will make it so that PvP doesn't feel like it's post after post to get exp from the fight.

NOTE: I was really lazy drunk when I added it, so go ahead and correct any errors I most likely made during it xD
Back to top Go down
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm

WOOT WOOT!. Added a fancy new addition that allows pokemon that fight against someone that's super effective against them to gain bonus exp!. Now you can fight against your type for a greater reward, so you are a little motivated to go up against your natural enemy ;D
Back to top Go down
Sugar Cuddles

Sugar Cuddles

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:16 am

Any suggestions on exp gains?. Maybe an outside of combat reward?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New EXP System! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New EXP System!   New EXP System! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New EXP System!
Page 1 of 1